History of The Dutch in Malaysia
Dennis De Witt
New. * Currently 15th in our best seller list for 2013! *The Dutch generally are not top of the pops in The Sweetest Colonisers Charts, especially in countries where they were amongst a succession of colonists. So a book that favouably details their exploits in Malaysia is welcome, especially one as thoroughly researched as this one. The book has an ample selection of colour and black and white illustrations but they compliment rather than dominate the scholarly text. 258 pages. The contents include chapters on
- Dutch history prior to their colonisation period,
- The VOC, the merchant company which spearheaded their colonisation in Asia,
- Dutch Melaka,
- Melaka's buildings which have Dutch connections,
- A Review of evidence of Cemeteries about the Dutch Occupation and
- The descendants whom they left behind.
Weight:1.kg. *On request this book will be sent post free by surface mail to any part of the world when it is part of an order weighing at least 2 kilos.*
Published by Nutmeg Publishing, 2007. 2011 Reprint
Condition: New. Hardback.