The Golden Khersonese
Studies in the Historical Geography of the Malay Peninsula before AD 1500
New. In this comprehensive work the author attempts to piece together the historical geography of the peninsula before more reliable written records started appearing from the mid 16th century onwards. The work was ground breaking because for the first time Wheatley painstaking re-examines whatever first hand resources were available rather than relying on second hand translations and suppositions. This 388 page book is divided into seven parts namely
- I - China & the Malay Peninsula,
- II - The Malay Peninsula as Known to the West,
- III - The Indians in Malaya,
- IV - The Arabs in Malaya,
- V Three Forgotten Kingdoms,
- VI - The Isthmian Age, and
- VII - A City that was Made for Merchandise.
- There are also numerous maps, diagrams and a bibliography of more than 40 pages.
Weight: 0.6 kg Post free within Malaysia
Published by The University of Malaya Press, 1961. 2010 Reprint ISBN: 9789831004982 Condition: New. Paperback.