Its Sources, Preparation and Cultivation
Although this book was written based on experiences of rubber growing in West Africa, it was used as one of the main works of reference in Malaya at the time of publication. The book was designed so as to inform the merchant as well as the producer. 245 pages whose contents include chapters on
- The Principal Rubber Yielding Plants,
- The Tapping of Rubber Plants,
- The Preparation of Rubber,
- The Chemistry of Rubber,
- Statistics of Consumption and Prices,
- The Para Rubber Tree (Hevea brasiliensis) and
- The Ceara Rubber Tree.
- There are also numerous black and white plates, line drawings, tables and an index.
Weight 0.70 Kg. Airmail postage to Asia Pacific countries: $9, to Central Asia, Europe & the Middle East: $13 and to Africa and North & South America: $20. Surface mail worldwide: $8. Postage within Malaysia is free
Published by John Murray, London,1914.First edition.
Condition: Very Good. Hardback. A previous owner's name is written in ink on one of the front end papers. The end papers have medium tanning with mild tanning and an occasional damp mark throughout the rest of the book. The gilt lettering on the spine is worn. The binding is tight and text clear.