Peranakan Chinese Porcelain: Vibrant Festive Ware of the Straits Chinese
The book is a comprehensive survey of the particular type of porcelain made in China to the specifications of the Peranakan or Straits Chinese communities of Malaya. The author has been a collector of the ware for more than forty years. It is illustrated throughout with colour photographs with accompanying text giving technical details and explaining the relevance of each particular piece to different customs of the community. 256 pages including a bibliography and index. The book's chapters include
- 1 - Chinese Export Wares and Trade Routes,
- 2 - The Peranakan Chinese Community,
- 3 - Peranakan Porcelain Types and Origins,
- 4 - Motifs and Colours,
- 5 - Forms and Functions,
- 6 - Other Export Wares in Peranakan Homes.
- New Hardback in a New Dust Jacket
Weight 1.80 Kg.
Published by Tuttle Publishing, Singapore, 2009.ISBN: 9780804840071